Sunday, April 10, 2011

Number.01 - I don't NEED a man

How do you get nervous writing a blog? Technically no one is watching. Hell, no one is even reading it (yet).  Now that I'm sitting here with my new blog account, a pretty pathetic profile, a photo and a simple layout, my weeks of built up thoughts and ideas have completely escaped me.

Couple deep breathes.   Okay.  Couple more...

If I were on the phone talking with a friend right now I would be telling them how I had planned to go to the gym after work today and I decided to go home and make Oreo Truffles instead (seems like a good excuse to not work out, right?). I'd be telling them about the overall weekend and see if they did anything fun. Most likely, nothing all that exciting happened.

I'm 24 years old. I live in Las Vegas. I don't "Party like a Rock Star" because I don't see the purpose in spending $20 (after tip) for ONE FUCKING DRINK and I don't believe it's right to lead a man on just to get that $20 drink. Additionally, I know I'm worth a hell of a lot more than the cost of alcohol (not in a conceited way, seriously) I don't have any addictions.  I don't smoke, only drink socially, work out a fair amount, never have done an illegal drug in my life, definitely won't find me sticking around work for the 'fun' of it, I only have one pet, I enjoy sex a lot but even then I'm not addicted to it or anything else sexually related.

A lot of people ask me why I am single.
In all honesty I have a lot of reasons why I'm single.

To name a few:
1.  Men and women are complicated. I find it usually takes at least 3 dates to figure a guy out. By then, he's in love and I've discovered everything wrong with him.
2.  I don't want kids (and never have) and the guys who don't want kids either make me nervous because what if I change my mind 10-15 years from now?
3.  The majority of guys find me intimidating. Which makes me want to scream GROW A FUCKING PAIR ALREADY!!!
4.  I am independent and creative. I do what I want, when I want and how I want.
5.  I am 100% debt free, employed and I volunteer.
6.  I'm happy just being me and I know exactly who I am on the inside.
7.  My expectations for a man are numerous, but I'm confident I give just as much (if not more) than I expect.


Here are my questions on the topic:

Why are there soooo many toxic relationships in today's society?

Why does it seem like guys won't just step up for their woman just for the sake of being a MAN?

Do men really not understand that women want it all?  or  Are they just too stubborn or lazy to give?

Will the next generation of young girls look at our generation and see hope for love or will they become even more self sufficient than we (ladies) are now?


Live.Love.Learn.Laugh

BRITT~

7 comments:

  1. We'll talk about this at work. I dont need others comments on my opinion... after all this is your blog. PS, your awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! Love your pitty party reason for starting your blog. Like I told you...go get some strange!!! You need it! Love your sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this pressure to need a man internal or external? Or both? ......i agree with you, being needy is not the way to go. Its a disaster waiting to happen........you are my inspiration britt! Good work!....more blogs dammit!! :) :)

    Best,
    Robert Lamar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robert,
    The 'pressure' I receive is external mostly. Constantly other people (family and friends included) asking me why I'm single.

    Sister,
    I love you. But I will not be going to get 'strange'. Thank you.

    Curtis,
    Anytime you would like to speak your mind on 'my' blog, you have my full permission to do so. I will only think more of you for doing so :) At the same time, I respect your decision to talk to me in person so words didn't get taken in any wrong way. Thank you.

    Much love to you all.
    Another blog coming soon which I think the guys will enjoy :)

    BRITT~

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. I hear the four-years-ago-you.

    Yeah, you've definitely refined yourself. But you're still entirely awesome.

    ReplyDelete