Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Number .03 - Who the hell says I can't?!?!

Why is it that after everything I have been through in my life (which I just simply won't get into for sake of time) that my brain says to me "Britt, you don't have to put up with this. You don't have to do anything you don't want to. You are BRITT and you can do things YOUR way.  An 18-wheeler can't hold you down Britt.  Go for it!"?

And in the mind of other people it's more like, "Why can't I be that person? (they seem so much happier) Why can't I do that?  Why don't I look that way?  Why can't I make that much money?  Why am I in this horrible relationship? I hate this town, why can't I move? I don't know what to do.  I just can't get out of this rut.  I hate my life."

Is this because people are 'wired' differently, maybe genetics?  Or is this state of mind a choice we each have the capability of making?

I'm going to stand by my belief that EVERY person on this planet has the ability to Choose their own circumstances and that most people who constantly are asking themselves "Why?" are terrified of change.  I have personally been through a considerable amount of 'drama' in my life and each time I've had to overcome a difficult situation, my only question is "Who the hell says I can't?!".

So with that in mind, I have come up with a list :)
I have personally done all of these things at different times in my life and each have been extremely helpful in finding my personal happiness.  I hope you can at least take one thing and use it (even as a suggestion to someone you know).

1)  SMILE - I swear... I can't stand to look at a person with a shitty look on their face. It's simply not pleasant.  So no matter what you are doing, where you are... just smile for fuck sake. I don't care if you smile at a damn stranger. Just freakin smile!  :D

2)  VITAMINS and EXERCISE -  Seriously!  Get out of bed or off the fucking couch and go DO something!  Skip around your neighborhood, go to the gym, hiking, join a sports team, home video work-outs, hot and sweaty sex... I honestly don't care. Just get active! 30 minutes of exercise daily will boost your self-esteem more than you can even imagine right now. It's like getting a cat in water at first, but once you start, you will feel amazing!  Also, taking your daily vitamins and implementing a better diet will help keep you alive longer. This is something to cherish :)

3)   MEDITATION - Clearing your mind of numerous negative thoughts is difficult. Especially if you have a specific event that keeps replaying like a damn record. (seriously hate that!)  And I know it sounds stupid at first and like "only weird people meditate"... However, meditation has done more for my mental health than anything else.  (I'm the type of person to analyze something over and over and over, until I eventually have a break down about it)  Do your mind a huge favor and before you fall asleep, close your eyes, laying on your back in the dark, just breathe.  Take slow, long, and deep breathes.  When you inhale, choose a positive word (for example: Love).  When you exhale, choose a negative word (for example: Hate).  This is the "In with the Good, and out with the Bad" theory.  So repeat the word Love over and over and over while you inhale, and repeat the word Hate over and over and over while you exhale.  Focusing only on these words will help clear your mind and focus on what you need in your life.  Some other good words are Wisdom, Peace, Happiness, Strength, and Faith. Some other negative words are Stress, Anger, Weakness, Jealousy, and "I can't".

4)  VOLUNTEER TIME - Now it sounds like I'm just crazy... I'm sorry. I swear I'm not. I have found that giving something or someone else your time for free is quite an amazing experience. Once you get involved in a certain charity, you begin to actually feel like you're making a difference.  I can't even describe it really. You just have to do it.  And I don't care how much money you make / donate... even rich people need to get off their asses and do something for free! :)

5)  FIND YOUR PASSION - Every person has something they can't live without. For me, it's music. I go crazy if I forget my ipod at home for 1 day! I have to have my music. So find what that one thing is and try to incorporate it into your daily life. For example, if your passion is surfing and you live in Las Vegas... well... no excuses, you should just move!  haha...

The following is less detailed, but just as important!

6) Get up and get ready everyday, even if you don't have plans (yet).
7) Get your hair done - Cut, color... whatever. Just be careful who you go to cuz if you get butchered, you're gonna feel worse. lol
8) Wake up at the same time every day (truly amazing what this does for the body).
9) Write your thoughts down on paper, no matter what they are.
10) Make a phone call to someone you care about but haven't spoken to in a while. (no texting here)
11) Get a plant and try to keep it alive. (I named mine, lol)
12) Open the windows and let the light in! Sleep with the blinds open, so you wake up to the sunshine :)
13) Send holiday cards to family and friends... even if it's via Email.
14) Buy a gift for just yourself at least once a month. (does not have to be expensive!)
15) Take time every day to realize how many people in this world have it way worse than you do.
16) Quit your bad habits. If you smoke, quit (it's only killing you). If you drink, limit yourself to social occasions. If you have bible study every night of the week, when do you have fun just for yourself? If you are addicted to porn or sex or anything sexually related... Try boosting your fitness because honestly there's nothing less depressing than being alone at night with only yourself to have sex with.
17) Create a bucket list. It will help you set goals and define what's important to you. And it's fun :)
18) Clean your bedroom / house... messiness is not a pleasant thing to be around in general. And cluttered closets and cabinets are stressful.
19) Redesign your resume. When that next job pops up, you'll be ready!
20) Make sure you have a savings account and you are consistently contributing to it.
21) Make sure you have a job and you keep it until you find a better job. I don't care who you are, every person cares about money, even if it's just to pay the bills.
22) Read a book start to finish... doesn't matter what kind of book.
23) Make your bed every day.
24) Realize that for 99.9% of problems, there is a solution.
25) Realize that you are smart enough to figure out that solution.
26) Realize you are brave and strong enough to fix the problem.
27) Flirt... just for the hell of it.
28) Home improvement projects are fun and they let you feel accomplished.
29) Set your intensions for each day... just tell yourself what you want to accomplish (physically, mentally, spiritually)... I do this while I'm in the shower, lol.
And last but very not least:
30) Attend a church service, even if you don't believe in God. The 10 Commandments are a good guide to live by. In church, they remind you of these morally good things :)


Yes, I know this list is full of great ideas. But are you daring enough to try them?


On a different (but semi related) note, let me just say...
YOU CANNOT LOVE SOMEONE ELSE IF YOU DO NOT LOVE YOURSELF!!!

That comment speaks for itself and if you don't believe it then you're a damn idiot.
If you're like one of my ex-boyfriends and 'don't know how to love yourself', I just gave you an entire fucking list of ideas. Try them!  :]



Live.Love.Learn.Laugh.

BRITT~





 

2 comments:

  1. So true, love it!-Jodi Tate

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your not Living your Existing and you are definitely LIVING
    143 BJ



    CP

    ReplyDelete